Sunday, April 15, 2007

Avast, me hearties!
The Black Rose nears completion....
Most games do not take me this long to complete. But, shortly after tearing the game down my wife returned to work full-time on the shift opposite of mine, throwing me into the dreaded "Mr. Mom" role taking care of our three kids ages 4, 5, and 7. Another thing that slowed progress was my decision to tear this game down while still in the gameroom. The lighting in there is not the greatest and the quarters a bit cramped. I should have just braved the cold and moved it to the garage as I typically do. Lesson learned.
Hard to believe the cannon area is this nice. Especially since it was obvious no one had ever really bothered to maintain or adjust anything on this game prior to my owning it. Better than 30% of the bulbs were out and the remaining ones were very blackened. This game is gonna turn out GREAT!

I added black flipper bats with red rubbers as that is what the promotional flyer for the game shows. Not too sure I have ever seen any decked out that way in real life. I do like the look though. Also, black rubbers for the rest of the game would probably have looked better - but darn it those white ones just play soooo nice and fast! At this point, all I have to do is adjust the flippers and install the ramps.